Sígueme en

siguenos en facebook sígueme en Instagram siguenos en Twitter

viernes, 13 de mayo de 2016

3. Job Interview


"The day has arrived" was the first thing I thought when I woke up to have the job interview. The nerves were against me and made me be clumsy as I had never been before. I dressed with the best clothes I had, I did my hair, put some perfume and took off to the Hotel where the interview was going to take place in. 

When I got to the job fair, there were hundreds of people looking awesome with a lot of papers on their  hands. The WeUSA staff were walking everywhere trying to calm people down, or to invite them to the room where all the employers were.

A really nice guy with a CCUSA (sponsor) or WeUSA (agency) logo approached to me and asked me to get in the big room; He started talking to me in English to loose myself a little bit.

I got to the Deer Valley (DV) table and there were 2 ladies. One of them was Lisa and the other one was Cassidy. Lisa had a lot of energy; if any of you, readers, get to work at Deer Valley, you'll know immediately who she is. She smiled a lot and was really vivacious; we shook hands tight, she invited me to sit down and started to dialogue. Cassidy was in charge of doing the second part of the interview, so she didn't really talk that much.

What did they ask?

- Personal information: What do you do?, where are you from?, why did you choose the career you're studying?
- About DV: How did you get to know about DV?, why do you want to work there?, do you ski?, what position are you interested in?, what is a good costumer service to you?
- About travelling: Where would you like to go after the contract is over?, what places would you like to visit? why?, etc.
This was at 9 in the morning; by the end of the interview, they told me they would have an answer by 14:00 hours; I had a test at 14:30, so I asked them to give me an answer sooner, which they accepted.
I got hired 
:)


O l i v e


__________ E S P A Ñ O L __________

"El día ha llegado"fue lo primero que pensé cuando me desperté para tener la entrevista de trabajo. Los nervios me jugaban en contra y me hacían estar lo más torpe que nunca había sido. Me vestí con la mejor ropa que tenía, me peiné, me puse perfume y me fui al Hotel donde se iba a realizar la entrevista.

Cuando llegué a la feria laboral, habían cientos de personas que se veían genial con muchos papeles en sus manos. El personal de WeUSA caminaba por todos lados tratando de calmar a la gente, o invitándolos a que pasaran al gran cuarto donde se encontraban los empleadores.

Un chico muy amable que tenía el logo de CCUSA (sponsor) o WeUSA (agencia) se acercó para invitarme a entrar al cuarto mágico; inmediatamente empezó a hablarme en inglés para que me relajara un poco. Llegué a la mesa de Deer Valley (DV) y habían dos mujeres. Una de ellas era Lisa y la otra era Cassidy. Lisa tenia mucha energía; si alguno de ustedes, lectores, llega a trabar en DV, sabrán inmediatamente quién es ella. Sonríe mucho y es muy vivaz; nos dimos un apretón de manos, me invitó a sentarme y comenzamos un diálogo. Cassidy estaba a cargo de la segunda parte de la entrevista, así que no habló mucho.

¿Qué preguntaban?

- Información personal: ¿Qué haces?, ¿De dónde eres?, ¿Por qué elegiste estudiar lo que estás estudiando?
- Sobre DV: ¿Cómo supiste de DV?, ¿Por qué quieres trabajar ahí?, ¿Esquías?, ¿En qué posición estás interesad@?, ¿Qué es un buen servicio al cliente para ti?
- Sobre viajar: ¿A dónde te gustaría ir una vez que el contrato termine?, ¿Qué lugares te gustaría visitar?, ¿Por qué?, etc.
Eso fue a las 9 de la mañana; al final de la entrevista me dijeron que me iban a decir si estaba contratada o no a las 14:00; yo tenía prueba a las 14:30, así que les pedí que me avisaran antes, a lo que aceptaron.
Finalmente me contrataron
:)

O l i v e

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario